Join us for the 5G Technology Tour
We decided to reschedule the 5G Technology Tour so that we can meet you in person. The program will soon be updated.
We assure you that our full attention is focused on supporting our clients and business partners through in all circumstances.
-> You can still sign up for any of the events and we'll let you know by e-mail when we set the dates.
We're happy to announce the launch of the 5G Technology Tour, a series of hackathon events dedicated to product developers and entrepreneurs, that will get access to the newest technologies and equipment. Applications are already open.
In the first half of 2020, we will organize 5G Technology Tour events in the 4 cities where Orange Romania has already launched the 5G commercial network, together with our local community partners:
- Cluj-Napoca: Silicon Forest, TBA
- Brașov: CATTIA, in partnership with Iceberg, TBA
- Iași: Fab Lab Iași, TBA
- București: TechHub Bucharest, TBA
Over the course of 3 days, participants will attend presentations and discussion panels about the technologies and they will develop product prototypes using the various technologies at their disposal, with continuous support from Orange and partner experts.
We will select the best projects for continuous support, by including them in the Orange Fab acceleration program.
For the 5G Technology Tour we welcome both established teams that already have a product or prototype they want to enhance, as well as software developers, hardware engineers, designers or product managers that have - or are searching for a product idea.
“ Through these events we wish to enable the development of products that improve the way people live and run their businesses. We aim to identify passionate app and product developers, in domains like security, mobility, retail, smart city, media, entertainment, health or digital education, that we can support on the long-run with access to technologies and business opportunities." - Cristian Paţachia, Development & Innovation Manager at Orange Romania.
The participants will get access to an equipment, technologies, APIs and connectivity options that contribute to form the 5G and Internet of Things ecosystem:
- 5G, LoRaWan or LTE-M connectivity
- Live Objects, secure platform developed by Orange for IoT objects and data
- Flexible Engine, Orange Business Services' public cloud through which you can optimize, transform and easily develop business apps
- Acces to APIs like de Wi-Fi Smart City Data Feed Cyber Security events from the Business Internet Security platform
- Acces to 5G resources developed in Horizon 2020 research projects SLICENET, MATILDA, 5G-EVE și 5G-VICTORI
If you want to participate in one of the events, fill in the application form now! Participants will be selected based of professional profiles, as we receive applications and in the limit of available places.